I Look Different Here

Dear Ones,

So this week I have been exhausted in every sense of the word, but so many miracles have happened! I have watched in awe as our investigators make major changes in their lives. We always talk about faith unto repentance, but I realized that there is also something that I like to call humility unto repentance. Oh how it hurts to become humble enough to really, truly repent, but how liberating it is when we do! 

I am going to send a letter to you all later today! We heard that there is a post-office here at the city hall! 

There is one neighborhood that can't get over the way I look. One kid said, if I translate what she said, "Why are her eyes like that? They're like a cat's eyes." And then the same girl. "Her hair on her arms is so weird!!" I thought it was only her, until Sister D also commented on my arm hair, and then also the adult-daughter of the bishop, and then another kid in a different area......So yeah. I kind of really stand out here.

One of our investigators is getting married this week! We have been scrambling to find a dress! We found one, but it's not very pretty and I don't blame the bride for not liking it. haha! We will continue the search! 

President Barredo chooses and gives us a verse to ponderize each week. Last weeks was 3 Nephi 5:13. In our daily planning, we were deciding what we would teach an investigator that has received lessons 1-3 but still isn't progressing. I asked Sister D what was lacking in her understanding of the gospel. She said. "I feel that they don't know who they are." It really is so important for us to understand who we are and who God is in order for us to know what we ought to do.

Love you all! 

Sister Marriott

Comments

Popular Posts