Busy, Busy Week!

My dear family,

The wedding and baptism of Jenelyn was successful! It is such a pleasure to watch people make such important changes in their lives. 

We had exchanges this week. I learned from Sister T (who was also assigned in Bago 2nd ward and was the companion of Sister O) that it is important to OYM a lot, but it is also important to follow-up on the people that we OYMed. As a result, Sister D and I have been trying to improve our planning so that we are sure to plan time to follow-up on specific people we OYMed. 

Also, Sister O goes home in two days! How crazy! Time flies. 
I love these guys so much!

I read a wonderful article in the June 2015 Liahona this week called "How we Preach of Christ in our Home." It was super inspiring. I loved that the author said that we need to teach every principle not as an individual principle but one that is very much tied to Jesus Christ. He gave examples of questions we can ask in lessons to connect the principles we teach to Him. For example, if you are teaching about prayer, you could ask how and what Jesus prayed. It was just a really inspiring article.

Interesting people I've met? That's a hard question. I meet a lot of people every day. Another person we met yesterday has been a man that we pass by about every single night. Last night we finally OYMed him. He said that he's been wondering when we were going to talk to him. He said that hopefully we had OYMed him weeks ago! ...Oops. It turns out that he is a friend of the bishop (who is really good at talking about the gospel to people by the way) and we have an appointment to visit his family later tonight

What did I eat for breakfast? I drank hot milo this morning. It is a chocolate drink that is really common here. I also drank a lot of water because it was fast Sunday yesterday and then finished up Sister D's breakfast of noodles and eggs. Yeah. 

I love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Marriott

Comments

Popular Posts