Breaking Heart

Sorry, I just spent a lot of my computer time writing up another conversion story. It is about Julieta, Jurex, and Mariel. They were all baptized on Friday, confirmed yesterday. I love them so much. I could write forever about them. Not. Enough. Time.

But do you remember the Palina family?? My email last week about Charie? Yeah, that family. Their dad, Jerry, died yesterday morning. My head still feels dry from crying with them yesterday. We went to their house right after church. The moment I took the hand of his wife, Charina, the tears started flowing. It was hard to see their suffering. Their youngest, Jericho, is about 5 or 6 years old. He was a little slow in realizing that his dad died. He saw his dad lying there, not moving. He told his mom,

"Ma! Give dad some milk to drink, Ma!" His mother only said faintly, "Later..." Jericho returned to eating his food. He heard the neighbors say, "Well, Jerry died. He just couldn't handle his asthma anymore." 
Jericho stopped eating, "Papa died??" When his mother confirmed that yes indeed his dad was dead. His appetite for the food which he had just been eating so hungrily completely left him. He stopped eating and was silent for several minutes.

MY HEART IS GOING TO BREAK FOR THEM! I just can't get over it. 

But my heart was gladdened when I read the email you forwarded to me, Mom! 

Love you all! 
Sister Marriott
 

Comments

Popular Posts