It's hard for us because it was hard for Him

Dear family and friends,

I get half an hour just now to write you an email. I'm leaving for the Lyon tomorrow morning! The flight is only a little under two hours. My whole district is going to Lyon except one elder who's going to Paris.


Thank you for your emails! I seriously love getting them and then in the evenings I can spend a bit of time reading over them. I'm sorry I don't have very much time to respond to everything you write.

This week has gone by in a flash! On P-day we went to the Sol Plaza and went window shopping. The buildings around there are so, so beautiful. Like a postcard. Also the churros and hot chocolate here are amazing! I have a couple pictures from the day on my tablet I'll send you. :)

On Saturday we went to Retiro Park again. I got to stay with my normal companions this week because it's our last time. It was really amazing because before leaving we decided to pray in all the languages we know all combined: English, French, Italian, Spanish, and German. Then when we got to the park we found people in all of those languages in the order we prayed with the exception of Spanish which we found in between all of them. But Sœur C got to talk to a really great Italian couple. They asked her so many questions and she answered and bore her testimony. It was wonderful to see the light in her face and the interest in the eyes of the couple. They accepted a Book of Mormon (we had an Italian one!) it was so inspiring. We also met two groups of French people. That was the most discouraging thing of all. The first group walked away saying, "why so many questions." And the other group literally laughed at Sœur C while she was in the middle of telling them about the Book of Mormon. I think we've been called to a difficult mission. But as we walked away, disheartened a bit, we were talking about a devotional the we had watched by Elder Holland where he talked about how we are representatives of Jesus Christ, and so we will necessarily have some of the same pain he went through. Rejection being one of them. He said essentially, it's hard for us because it was hard for him. And why shouldn't I be proud to be laughed at or ignored for Christ? He went through infinitely more for me.


I know the Lord has sent me to France for a reason, and he has people prepared. I'm so excited for tomorrow! I know The Book of Mormon is true! I know the church is true!

I love you all!

Sœur Marriott

Comments

Popular Posts