Another Beautiful Week

Chèr tout le monde,

Well, I've had another beautiful week in the mission. :) let's see what happened...

On Monday we had a family home evening with a Tahitien family with four little boys. We did a game where we had the little boys out on a blindfold and then try to find a test bar in the room where we were in. Then we took off the blindfold and had then find it. Then we talked about how Jesus Christ is the light of the world. That we have the gospel to lead us through life and the plan of Salvation is all made possible through Jesus Christ. The little boys were so excited to play the game and they listened fairly quietly during the lesson. :) Afterwards, we ate dinner with them. My favourite thing was having the four little boys clamouring to talk to me. It was so darling and it feels like it's been so long since I've been around little kids. I'm always so impressed by the generosity of the members.
The next day we went all the way out to the far end of our second sector to visit a less active. She was more than happy to talk to us. We taught a lesson about Courage and invited her to give away a Book of Mormon. She already had someone in mind to give it to! That was really cool. She had already shared a little bit about the gospel with her friend and she felt like he was ready to get The Book of Mormon. :)

Then another evening we went up into the mountains above Grasse to visit a family from the Cannes Ward. They were so friendly and happy. It felt very comfortable sharing the message about missionary work and then eating dinner with them. Both of the parents had served missions (she went to France and he served in Québec) and they had all already done some great missionary work sharing Book of Mormons, just telling their friends they were members, etc. That is so impressive to me and it makes me so grateful for their strength.

Of ben being a lot more comfortable making phone calls in French (not all the way there, but petit à petit l'oiseau fait son nid.) because we tried to contact so many members to try to get rendezvous. Our mission president has extended an invitation to us to work with mille membres en mai or a thousand members in May. This week is looking pretty for member/ami rendezvous. :)

One cool thing this week we were sitting eating lunch with the ward after fast Sunday and Sœur E was sitting in deep thought it looked like. Or more like I could tell her thoughts were elsewhere. Then she looked over to me and said, "I know what member would be good to have in a rendez vous with M." She had received inspiration as we were sitting there. We called the member later and were really hoping that turns out well! It was interesting seeing something make her doubt her idea later on but this time at least we knew better than to change our minds. It's always best to follow a prompting.

We also had a rendez vous with the family B also from Tahiti. They do so much to help missionary work in the Saint-Raphael ward. They are fellowshipping almost every one of our amis.

I have really felt correction this week for not loving the people here as much as I should be it members or strangers. We say every day after reciting our missionary purpose that "amour est la clé" or love is the key and at first I found it a bit cliché, but it is every bit true. Love is the motivating force behind Heavenly Father's plan for us and it should be the motivating force behind the plans we make for our lives. I'm grateful for the correction I got from Heavenly Father because I learned this week in Helaman 15:3 that the Lord's chastisement is a sign of his love. :)

Yesterday we had a rendezvous with A and his girlfriend. This time we talked before the message for longer than we usually could and they proposed that we go on a hike for our P-day today.  Then today we had a picnic with them and then hiked around a bit park here in Cannes. It was fun and she started to warm up to us a bit more once again.

Sœur E and I had a few really good laughs this week. One was that a forty year old ish man asked for her number and I waved at someone random who was waving to someone behind me. XD

There are lots of other things but I think I'll stop there.

I love you all! I love my mission! I love the gospel!

Sœur Marriott

Comments

Popular Posts