Mother's Day!

Chèr tout le monde,

This has been a really great week. I think I say that every week, but it what else can I say! :)

Tuesday we had a mangez vous with a member family from Saint-Raphael. They made German food for us because the husband had served his mission there and that's where Sœur E is from. He made schnitzel and knudeln. (I think that's how they're spelled. XP) Then at the end they brought out the baguette and cheese and before the sister opened up the container of cheese she asked us if we were ready. When she opened it a lot strong horrible smell came out from the container. But it didn't really taste bad... It was a strong camembert I think. We shared a mini lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ mainly for their son who is getting baptized this week.

That evening we taught a lesson about temples to our recent convert. We had a member there for that lesson too, which was good! I'm very grateful for temples! One thing being on my mission has helped me appreciate is family. I'm so grateful that the covenants we make in the temple make it so we can be together for eternity! I'll never be truly separated from you, even if I'm a continent away. :)

On Wednesday we had our second lesson with our investigator J. We taught her the Rétablissement (restoration) because we had changed the order around to accommodate her questions. It went really well! In the middle I could feel a quiet witness from the Holy Ghost that our message is true. It's not just a nice story. It is the truth and it has profound influence on our lives. At the end she had some questions. It was really really good to have the member there. She was really friendly, she bore her testimony during the lesson, and afterwards they exchanged phone numbers and she later invited her to a ysa activity! It was exactly what we hoped.

On Thursday we went to Nice to our district meeting. It was really wonderful. Somehow every district meeting or zone conference always addresses the questions that have accumulated over the time in between. We talked about working with members à lot because that's what our mission president has asked us to focus on this month. I know the work of the Lord can go much more smoothly if every member is supporting the missionaries. Not just inviting them over for meals, but volunteering to help with lessons, befriending new members and amis, and helping less active member as well. Basically just being a minister. :)

Nice is a beautiful city! We got to stay there that evening and the next day for an exchange with the sister training leaders there. I went with a Sœur O. We had done great rendez vous, but the one that I'll tell about was actually in Spanish. She speaks Spanish and English and the Ami we were teaching was from Ecuador. They spoke in Spanish, but since they could both understand French, when I said things I spoke in French. (sadly my Spanish has turned into Sfrench) It was a complicated lesson, but I could feel Heavenly Father's love for this ami. She also had three little darling kids. As soon as I walked in they grabbed me by the hand to show me their toys and just to talk. They were so, so sweet! When we were leaving they insisted on giving us bises and it was the darlingest thing. :)

That evening we went contacting with a member from Saint-Raphael. I have never seen anyone more optimistic and confident about contacting in France before! It was out inspiring. We walked a long ways and talked to everyone we came upon who would stop. It was really great. :) On our way we saw a Roman arena in

Fréjus which was cool.

Then on Sunday we had Skyping for mother's day! I was so happy to see everyone! And so grateful that it worked pretty well without any real technical difficulties! My mouth was tired of smiling afterward. :)

Today we went on a promenade in Saint-Raphael. The weather was a little drizzly, but the walk was beautiful. We were up in the mountains but you could see the sea below and the red rocks looming out of the greenery. It was magnificent. I have such a gorgeous mission!

I love you all so much!

Sœur Marriott

A couple pictures from our walk and the member who went contracting with us!

Comments

Popular Posts