Just a Few More Days!

Hey Madre,

So today I have write on my tablet whereas last week they lent us computers. I don't think I'll be able to send pictures because they're on my camera. :/ I loved your email this week! So much is happening in Beaver! I wish I could respond to everything better, but thank you for the letter! I love that you've been to Retiro Park! I would love to see pictures!

So last P-day we went to a Cathedral here in Madrid. I can't remember what it was called but it was right by the Palacio Royal. It was very beautiful, but slightly gloomy. My favorite thing was an enormous organ. All of the puppies were gleaning in the light of the windows. But I felt very grateful for the truth we have about Jesus Christ and that we don't focus on his death but rather his resurrection. :) We keep walked around the Royal Palace and in the gardens of the palace. It's the biggest palace in Europe and so beautiful. I was in we the whole time we were walking around the buildings. I think the French elder was a little curious why we thought every little was so amazing. We also passed a man playing music on the tops of wine glasses. Have you heard of that? It was really quite beautiful. He was playing Ave Maria.

I forgot to tell you last week that we got a new MTC president! I was sad to have the last one leave because I loved them, but the new one is really great too!

We went to the Retiro Park again on Saturday to contact. My companion and I (we switched again) gave our two Book of Mormons, one to an American lady who was here teaching English at a Spanish school and another lady from Venezuela but who lived in Mexico near CA. She was very nice and seemed fairly interested! When we left it looked like she was starting to read. But we got both of their referrals. I think it's been a challenge for me to summarize the whole Book of Mormon to people. The truth is it adapts to whatever you need. I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon!

We got to teach a real French investigator this week! He was so nice and so ready! You could see that he was so willing to learn. He sought the lessons on his own after talking to an LDS friend. And he's gone to church three times even though it's in Spanish and he's doesn't know a lot of Spanish. We struggled to teach him a bit because he had already had the lessons we knew how to teach. But we ended up just talking about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and bearing our testimonies. I think he'll get baptized! Also he was wearing a striped shirt and a scarf and looked exactly like a stereotypical French man!

We watched the Joseph Smith film this week and it was so powerful! I've seen it before, but I think now that I need to testify about it almost daily, it was even more powerful. I know he was a prophet called by God.

We've been teaching two lessons a day this week. It's kinda stressful, but I'm grateful for the practice.

One interesting word we learned this week is "truc". It means stuff or things. It's super useful and we hear it every other word! XD My companions and I use it all the time in our English sentences now.

We've been having French lessons every day but am interesting thing is our French teacher looks a lot like Stasia and she has some of the same mannerisms! It throws me off sometimes! Needless to say, she's gorgeous! I think French would suit Stasia too!

The food here in the MTC is mostly really good but usually fried foods. I'm looking forward to cooking my own meals!

Were leaving the MTC in less than a week! And we're flying to Lyon. From there we'll get new companions. I'll be so sad to be separated from my companions now! I love them!

I set my wallpaper on my tablet as the family picture. I miss you all very much and I love you! But I know this is where I want to be.

Avec beaucoup d'amour,

Sœur Marriott

Comments

Popular Posts