2nd Transfer

Dear everyone!

Guess what! I'm in my second transfer as of today! On Friday we got a quick call from president Brown telling us that Sœur S and I would be staying together but also getting another sister for our trio! Her name is Sœur T actually! She's from France and super sweet. In fact I met her my first day in Lyon! We're going to just be in the English ward and Sœur W is staying in the French ward and getting another companion. Every équipe in our district here in Geneva is having a change!

Then on Saturday we had R's baptism! We got to the church building early to clean and fill the font and get everything ready. We practiced our musical number with the other missionaries. R was so excited! She got to the church building really early when usually she's late. It was so great. The baptism went really smoothly. The talks were great and R's bore her testimony about how she found the church. I'm not sure if I've told you this already, but she had a dream where she met the sister missionaries who invited her to come to church so she went with them. She saw the church and the people and everything. Then later she really did meet the missionaries and they were familiar to her because she had seen them in her dream! And also the church building. It's so amazing! She's the most humble, sweet person I've ever met. Then there was a member of the seventy there who spoke to welcome her into the ward. He told her about how the Ammonites were welcomed into the Nephites when they were converted and later became a great help to them. I hope that she feels welcomed into the ward! Yesterday in ward council we discussed a calling for her and she has a group of friends in the ward already. :) I'm excited to go over the lessons with her.

After the baptism we had dinner with everyone who came. Then after that when most everyone had gone except Betty, Julia, Helen, Remy, and the missionaries we sang hymns together. Looking around I was so grateful for everyone there. It's been a really great transfer and I'm so grateful it finished with R's baptism.

Yesterday in Sacrament there was a really wonderful talk about Jesus Christ. They talked about how he was perfectly patient and selfless. Even on the cross when he thought about taking care his mother. He talked about how just like a professional athlete has to train daily to do well in their sport, we also have to learn and try to become like Jesus Christ.

I've also been thinking about being instruments in the hands of the Lord. I've been reading in the Book of Mormon about the sons of Mosiah. They were such powerful tools in bringing people to the knowledge of God. I read a talk about being instruments in God's hands where she talked about how we need to be converted, treasure up the word, serve and love in order to become the Lord's instruments.

Here are the answers to some questions my mom asked me in her email. :)

What are your companions like? Is three a crowd?: My companions are so funny! They are really solid, and nice. It's hard to explain exactly. Sœur Sis from San Diego, California and Sœur W is from Bakersville California. Sœur W is in her last transfer as of today. Sœur S is in her eighth out of twelve. Three isn't really a crowd. I like it! If I get sent to a small ville with only one companion it's going to be quite the change! There are six équipes here in Geneva.

What do we eat?: We eat at members' houses a lot in the French ward but I think we won't have many mangez vous now we're just in the English ward.

Do you get to study French everyday since your green? Or is it blue?: Yeah, we have language study everyday except Sunday and the day we do weekly planning. And we call it being blue when you're new. :) This is my last transfer of being a bleue!

So I've been living just across the border in France but working in Switzerland, but today I'm moving back to Switzerland and will be working in Switzerland of course. Americans can only live in Switzerland for two transfers so the apartment just across the border is a way to get around that.

I love you all!!

Sœur Marriott

Comments

Popular Posts