Cannes - - - > Limoges

Chèr tout le monde,

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your summers!

This week started out calmly but ended up being pretty eventful! The biggest thing is that yesterday I crossed our mission going from Cannes to Limoges! It was quite the train ride so we stayed the night in Bordeaux. I'm now serving with serving with Sœur M. She actually came in with me but from Provo! So that's fun. :) She's super sweet and I can tell it'll be a great transfer.

Let me think over the rest of the week. Earlier on we visited the recent convert A. We talked about the testimonies of Christ in the Bible, Book of Mormon, and latter-day prophesies and then we talked about how we can remember him by taking the sacrament each week. It was a really good lesson and after we bore our testimonies of the Savior, Atold us about how he knew that He had been there for him during his life too. The Spirit was there bearing witness of the Savior during the lesson.

We also visited a little old lady named Sœur P. She is one of the French member pioneers. She served a mission in England. I think she said she's 94. Visiting her reminded me of last summer at Jamestown. How I love all of the residents there. But she was really sweet. She loved to talk about her mission and you could see what an impact the gospel has had on her life.

Then we had another lesson with our ami C. We taught the first half of the Plan of Salvation. He seemed to understand and accept everything. In some ways it was another good lesson; he continued to say that he wanted to keep the good feeling that he gets during our lessons with him throughout thr week.

Then another day we did some transport contacting. It's pretty sneaky because sometimes since busses are a great way to talk to people we'll just hope on a bus and decided on a destination and then sit and talk to someone. We were doing that and this guy sat next to me and ask me a question about the gare. Honestly it caught me off guard so I didn't keep the conversation going as I should've. So when I couldn't think of anything to say, I pulled out the Book of Mormon and read until I found a word to ask the meaning of. From there the conversation went pretty smoothly. It turned out he was very believing from after his mom died and he loved to study the Bible. He asked me about the Book of Mormon and I explained it to him and testify of its veracity. In the end we invited him to come to church and gave our card, but he didn't want to accept a copy of the Book of Mormon. But it was good!

I was really sad to leave the Cannes Ward. On Saturday night we had ward FHE activity about the Book of Mormon and Christian and another ami named V came to it. We four missionaries and our ward mission leader got to explain the background of it and bear our testimonies one after another of the Book of Mormon. One again I felt the confirmation of the Spirit when my companion recited the First Vision that Joseph Smith really did see God the Father and Jesus Christ and that he was called to restore the Gospel to the earth.

But now I'm in Limoges and I love it already! We live right in Centre ville and it's darling! Our apartment is so big and so nice. I was amazed walking in.

Finally a world cup update: France won! We had to be at our apartments at 5pm on Sunday night but we could tell by all of the celebration outside what was going on.

I'm excited to be here in Limoges. :)

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Sœur Marriott

A group of the sisters in the Cannes ward, us and K, me and Mamie G, and an Algerian cookie we made for Mamie C who is from Algeria.



 

Comments

Popular Posts