Confèrence de Zone et Soirée Familiale

20 August 2018

Hello there everyone! :)

I hope you're all doing well and enjoying summer! :)

This has been a great week! We started out the week with going to Bordeaux again for zone conference! We had to go the night before as usual since it's a bit far and so we stayed with the Bordeaux sœurs the night before. The zone conference was amazing as always. My interview with Président Giraud-Carrier answered all of the questions that I have had on my mind lately particularly about our engagés and how we can help them to progress. He also gave an inspired and inspiring answer about learning to be a better missionary. One of his réponses was to ask smaller questions every day to improve little by little and day by day. We talked particularly about that response. I share his response because I think it applies not just to missionary life. We don't need to get too wrapped up in trying to see sudden improvements. It's the everyday actions that build our wall of character.

On Thursday we had a soirée familiale with three amis and a few members! It actually went really well! One of our potential amis came! His name is D and he was contacted in the street the last transfer and we haven't seen him since. He seemed to enjoy it and get along with the members. Also the bishop gave him a tour of the chapel.

On Friday we had a young woman from our ward spend the day with us doing missionary work. She's set on going on a mission so she wanted to see what it's kinda like. We did studies together and porte à porte, a lesson with M (that she was really helpful in! He was very open with her and she was able to bear a strong testimony of baptism and being patient to receive an answer from the Holy Ghost), etc. It was great! Her mom told us she went home and raved about it so that was good to hear!

This week M came to church again! She continues to ask really good questions in gospel principles and she commented in relief society more than once. After church à member invited her and us over for a visit. It was really great! The two of them got along well. They are both a little blunt, but they both don't seem to mind that! We talked about a range of things and answered some of her questions about the organisation of the church and ordinances. She wants to learn more about the temple in our lesson on Wednesday. Also, at the very beginning of our rendez vous she told us that she wants us as missionaries and the member to remind her or ask her every day if she's smoked less! It's great to see her have that desire all on her own! She knows it's not good for her health and that she needs to stop to be baptized.

It was a good week. Sœur M is wonderful. One of the things I love about her is she always sums up someone's character with "she's/he's a sweetheart." but really I think she's summing up her own character! She's truly a sweetheart and always sees the good in others.

I'm so grateful for this gospel! I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon and being able to study out of the scriptures every day to receive inspiration and direction! I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father and His patience with me. I'm so grateful for my fellow missionaries and for their examples to me. I'm so grateful for the leaders of the church and their sacrifices to serve the Lord. And I'm so thankful for my family and that we can be together forever.

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Sœur Marriott

Comments

Popular Posts