Oradour-sur-Glane

Dear everyone!

It's beginning to feel a bit like autumn here and I love it! I can hardly believe it's septembre! The nights are chilly, but the days are so warm but windy. I love that weather. :)

We had a lovely week. We did quite a bit of porting and found two new potentials! One of them was a lady who seemed lonely and needed someone to talk to. She was believing and firmly believed in an afterlife. Then there was a lady who came out to talk to us even though her husband is not at all believing. She was nice and gave us her phone number and said she'd try to come to church.

These last couple of week Sœur M has been reading me stories about Wilford Woodruff from teachings of the prophets. He went through a lot of trials and had some amazing experiences! It made me even more grateful to join the cause as a missionary! I'm grateful for the opportunity to porte and contact to share the gospel no matter what happens. :)

We had a good lesson with R! We taught about tithing and fasting. He accepted both completely. He's doing well as far as lessons go. He's just so great. I'm sure he'll come to church as soon as he can. He is recovering well from his operation too!

We also have started reading scriptures with M in the evenings over the phone. We've had some good conversations with her. She told us that she has a good feeling after we read together. We also had a lesson with her on Saturday about the second half of the plan of Salvation. We testified to her that the plan is joyful! We testified that Heavenly Father loves her and wants her and will help her return to him! You can see there is a lot of opposition against her. She just has so much potential!

On a different note, I tried my first kebab this week! They're very common in France and especially around missionaries. It reminded me of a gyro. I think I prefer baguette sandwiches though!

Today we went to Oradour-sur-Glane for P day. It's a village that the Nazis burned down completely. They separated the men from the women and children and burned them.  Burned everything. It was so sad... There were around 642 people. There's a wall of pictures with their names and ages and we found one that was a little baby who was 15 days old...

Anyway, I'm sorry to leave off on such a sad tone!

I love you all! I love my mission!

Have a wonderful week!

Sœur Marriott

Comments

Popular Posts