Weeks Speeding By

Dear everyone!

This week went by really fast! It was a great week. We've been doing a lot of porting lately, but also got to have scripture study over the phone with M almost every evening this week. It's been really great explaining the chapters. I love how teaching makes new things stand out that I've never seen before. We read 1 Nephi 8-13 and one of the things that I loved is seeing how the prophesies have taken place and continue to take place in our time. It talks about the apostasy and the restoration and how the Book of Mormon and the Bible work together to give us the fullness of the truth.

Another thing this week is we had district meeting in Bordeaux. It was a great meeting! We talked about using the scriptures in teaching. Something Sœur M and I have been trying to do is have a role play every day where one of us comes up with a question or a problem and the other has to find the answer using a écriture from the Book of Mormon. It has been a good exercise and I think it has helped me to feel more confident in opening up to an unplanned scripture to respond to questions in lessons. It's amazing to see how the Book of Mormon can respond to any question. I reread the talk by Tad R. Calister this week about the house the Book of Mormon is a compelling witness. I love that talk! I'm so grateful for that fact that we can receive a witness for ourselves that the Book of Mormon is true through study and prayer. We aren't just asked to take someone's word for it. All we have to do in sincerely ask of God with an real intent to act according to the response. 

We also got to visit the Frère and Sœur G this week! There are a few family Gs in our ward, but the ones we visited are the parents of all the families. They are the longest time members of our ward. The missionaries knocked on their door in the 1960's I think and they joined the church. They said that when they went to the Bern temple for the first few times, they spent a few days there and they camped out in the forest behind the temple! They are such a faithful family and I'm grateful to get to know them. :)

On Saturday we had a great day where we got to go to ward conseil and then go do service at a members house painting! The members are building their own house and we were just priming the brand new walls. It was so fun! I loved it. 

This week went by so fast, I'm not sure what to tell you! Right now we're on the train going to Toulouse for a multi zone conference that's going to be tomorrow. I'm excited to see Toulouse ! 

I hope you're all doing well! I love you! 

Soeur Marriott 

Comments

Popular Posts