Miracles and Trials

I don't know why I love taking pictures of my feet.
Dear Mom,

Today marks the first day of my second transfer!! Sister Ortiz is still my trainer, so that's good! We were afraid she might get transferred because she's been here a while. And sometimes they have follow-up trainers for the last 6 weeks of training, but I'm glad they didn't split us up. 

BUT she is a sister training leader as of today. I guess we'll be going on exchanges a lot. It's a lot to do being an STL and a trainer at the same time. I think she's a little stressed about it. Tama sya. 

Another week of miracles and trials. 

One commandment that I have been so blessed to have in my life is the Word of Wisdom. The light of Christ is so much stronger in those who do not have addictions. 

Sugar cane fields
Another thing I have been so grateful for this week is for priesthood blessings. I have received so much strength and comfort from my patriarchal blessing, the blessing Papi gave me before I left, and my setting apart. I have been absolutely amazed as I have watched the promises in those blessings come true. 

I don't know what to write. So many miracles happened, I don't know which ones to tell you first. I'll tell you a small one.

These are the best shoes in the world!
We were in Sierra, which is one of the rice field areas in our ward, and we just finished teaching Brother Dexter who has a baptismal date for May 2nd and inspired the Word of Wisdom paragraph because he didn't have any problems with the Word of Wisdom! He said he drank once, but didn't like the way it made him feel. How awesome! Anyway, we were there one Friday and after leaving I said maybe we should go visit the Lipat family, which we had talked about visiting in our weekly planning, which was just earlier that morning. Whenever I suggest going anywhere, Sister Ortiz agrees. So we went there even though it meant extra walking there and back. 

We found Sister Lipat there with her granddaughter. Again she told us about her trials and opened her heart to us about the Atonement. Afterwards, Sister Bernedet, the member working with us, said to me that was probably the Spirit that told me that we should go visit them.  

We have also been happy by how many less-actives that we have visited have been coming back to church! 

We are going to be doing service tomorrow for the 40 hours of service required to get a wheelchair from the mission office for one of our paralyzed investigators! She is SO excited to be able to go to church. She said she has been praying for a wheelchair so that she could go to church since she's been paralyzed. Her children have been reluctant to let her be baptized, but after seeing the help that we gave this week to a family in the ward whose daughter died, they gave their consent. We don't need it technically since she's not a minor, obviously. But it was still good to see the family's hearts softened. 

Time up. I love you!

Sister Marriott

Comments

Popular Posts