Geneva to Cannes

Chère Tout le Monde,

This has been a mixed up week. It started out with a with a lesson with our new ami C (the one we met on our run last week). The lesson started out a bit complicated because the member we had arranged to be there with me and Sœur S was really late and so we had to have the elders come with us in the lesson. C had a lot of questions about missionaries, where the Church's name comes from, if we believed in God being our literal father, etc. We did our best to answer his question and also teach him the restoration. He was a really good listener. He was really happy to receive a Book of Mormon and very intent on reading it. It was a good but difficult lesson. I don't think I've ever prayed so much during a lesson before.

Other than that we tried to pass a lot of people before we left the sector. We tried C again, the last we ported (knocked?) but her husband was there and he's opposed to religion and she said to try back the next day, but it turned out she wasn't there, which was disappointing.

I left Geneva on Friday evening. I was in a fairly big group of missionaries who were going to Lyon and from there going our separate ways. I was sad to leave Geneva. I loved the time I spent there. I had to say goodbye to Sœur S, Sœur T, and Sœur W. It was also really hard to say goodbye to mis amis. I love them all so much.

But on Friday I took the train to Lyon where I stayed the night. Then the next morning we rushed back to the gare (train station) and I went to Marseille. In Marseille I met my new companion Sœur E and some more missionaries. We had to wait at the gate for over five hours for our train to Cannes. Once we got to Cannes it was around 20h and we ate dinner, planned and went to bed. Our apartment is really old and kinda worn but I like it. :)

But Cannes is so beautiful. Really lovely. The weather right now is just perfect, sunny and warm with a cool breeze. There are pretty flowers growing everywhere. Ivy growing and Wisteria hanging on walls. The ocean is so blue. There are hilly mountains all around with houses tucked into them.

We are in charge of two sectors (areas) right now : Cannes and Saint-Raphael. We switch off the waste every week. This time we went to Saint-Raphael. It takes around forty minutes to get there in a car (which luckily we have :) but it's a lot pretty drive. We got there early so we could be there to welcome everyone. I love that ward. Everyone was so warm and kind. It feels like one big family. There are quite a lot of kids in the ward too. I'm excited to get to know everyone better.

I was thinking about being a member missionary and I think it mostly entails being involved in your ward by taking care of the other members and being excited and involved when there are new or potential members. It's just so vital to persevere to the end.

Now I'll tell you about Sœur E a bit. She is so great! I love her already. She's from Germany. Her mom is German and her dad is American so she is bilingual. She's only had French companions up until now and she was in Geneva English right before me and then came here. I can tell she's really hard working and loves the people here. I'm really excited to be companions with her. Also her dad served in Washington state on his mission and Papi served in Frankfurt, Germany which is the mission she lives in! Her dad is a chocolatier which is cool. Naturally she loves chocolate even more than I do. :)


Today we went to an island called Saint Marguerite. It's about a ten minute ferry ride from Cannes harbor. It was so gorgeous. I'll send pictures (we took a million XD) There was a fort on the island and I guess it had the prison cell of the man in the iron mask. The museum it was in was closed sadly. 

I love you all! 

Soeur Marriott


Comments

Popular Posts