Three Month Mark


Dear tout le monde,

Today is my three months mark in the mission! It doesn't seem very long but then I remember that means I'm a sixth of the way through my mission and then it seems like too much!

This week has been really good. It started out with zone conference which was really really good. We talked about the power in the Book of Mormon and President Brown talked about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It was so powerful. He made the event come alive in my imagination. When Christ died all of the lights went out because the source of all light was dead. There was a storm, earthquakes, and continents were shifted. And Satan must've rejoiced because he thought he had won. But he was wrong. Christ initiated the resurrection using His power. Of His own volition He rose from the dead. Something that had never ever happened before. And because He rose we will also rise from the dead and be resurrected. Isn't that amazing?

On Thursday we went out to Nyon a town a ways away to visit a sister from our ward. We had a nice visit with her and her kids. Her husband is inactive, but recently he came to church and suggested that they visit the outside of the Bern temple! After the visit with her we decided to fast for him on Sunday and then he came to church again! I hope he continues to come to church! It's so important to endure to the end in keeping our covenants!

But also the weather was beautiful on our way to her house. It was just like a postcard. Green fields full of wildflowers, quaint houses, horses grazing, and blue mountains in the background. It was gorgeous! I hate to brag but I think I have the most beautiful mission ever! :)

That evening we had a Philippino night. It was a little different because B is going to be leaving to the Philippines this week for a month maybe more. :/ I'm a little worried because she is a huge support to R and H, our recent converts. But everything will be okay. We had our dinner outside because the weather was so lovely.

The next day it was so so beautiful out so after passing a member we decided to do contacting on the promenade of Lake Geneva. It was kind of a difficult experience. We didn't really have any success in that everyone rejected our message some more nicely than others. It was painful to have people not want to talk to us as soon as we said the name of our church. But at the end I felt a renewed reverence and love for Jesus Christ. Imagine how He must feel, having paid an infinite Atonement for each one of them and still having them reject Him. He loves them with a perfect love. I'm so grateful for the Atonement and for the chance to repent when I reject Him in a way by sinning.

On Saturday we tried to pass a few potential investigators. None of them turned out but we did a lot of walking and got to see some more darling neighbourhoods around Geneva. Pictures don't do any of it justice. :)

On Saturday we also did my first door to door of my mission so far! We found a lady who said we could come back! She said she was believing but her husband was really against religion. I hope something works out with that! :)

One of my favourite things about being on a mission is getting to study the scriptures for an hour every day is companionship study. I'm so grateful for the fountain of knowledge to be found in the scriptures. There is always more to learn in the gospel. I never appreciated the other tools like True to the Faith and Bible dictionary, etc. I'm not sure if I appreciate them enough even now! Gospel library is amazing.

Today we had a really lovely miracle though! We were going up an escalator after doing our groceries and a man smiled and its and we smiled back and kept going. When we got out to the street he came running up to ask about our church and when our meetings were. He wasn't Francophone but we told him when the meetings were and gave him our card and he was really happy and then went back on his way. It happened really fast, but it was so cool! It just made me so happy!

Today for P day we went back to Nyon. We walked around the city because it was so darling, walked by the lake, and then got Gelato. I'm sorry my pictures can't do anything justice!

I'm so grateful for this gospel! This week we had the anniversary of the organising of the church. What a blessing it is!

I love you all so much!

Sœur Marriott

Comments

Popular Posts