Bonne Fête des Pères!

Chèr tout le monde,

This has been a good week. We started out well with doing three hours of street contacting after p day had ended. We contacted if not every person, almost every person we saw in the street that was in reasonable distance of us. We tried really hard and didn't let any excuse get in the way, but at the end of the evening we had found 0 amis. It's hard to have evenings like that, but at the same time we had no doubt we had tried our hardest. So even though we weren't completely happy at least we felt peaceful. And who knows! Maybe someday. :)

And we had lots of other blessings besides! :) For example, last week à man who was invited by a member came to à ward activity and he exchanged contact info with us and this week we had a lesson with him! It was a little difficult because his mother language is Italian. We had tried to get a member there who is Italian, but it hadn't worked out. This next week I'm sure it will and then he can translate if necessary. The ami, Christian, had a lot of questions and it was difficult to answer them when we were having a hard time understanding him and he us. But next week! :)

Thursday evening I got sick with what I think was stomach flu so Friday was a pretty slow day. We tried to make it through weekly planning anyways and studies with rests in between. Everything's better now! :)

On Saturday evening we went to Saint-Raphael for a presentation on the archaeological evidence for the Bible and the Book of Mormon. It was quite amazing! I really enjoyed it! There are so many testimonies of the veracity of the scriptures! But what is more amazing is that there really isn't any need for archaeological proof. We can know for ourselves by the power of the Holy Ghost. He is the ultimate witness of the Father and the Son and all truth. The presenter was very knowledgeable about the subject, but at the end he bore a strong testimony that it wasn't on those evidences that he based his testimony. It was from listening to two missionaries who had knocked on his door and then reading, praying and receiving a witness form the Holy Ghost. He said that he read the whole Book of Mormon in a day and a half! I love hearing conversion stories. They are the most inspiring thing.

On the train ride home from Saint-Raphael, Sœur S leaned over to me and asked if I had read the man's shirt who was sitting in front of us. I hadn't so she wrote it our for me what it said. It was in English and it said, "to air is human wear three stripes collide." We had to try to suppress our laughter because neither of us could make heads or tails of it and I don't think the man had any idea either. XD

On Sunday there was a big group of study abroad students from BYU. It was really bizarre to see them and hear English. I got to translate for the first time which was fun.

There is a really popular game here called petanque I think. We walk by groups of people playing it just about every day. Today for P day we played it with te elders and it was fun! Kinda like bowling.

But lastly, happy father's day to Papi. :) We two have had a lot of the same experiences I think with both serving in Europe. I hope that means that I will be able to grow to be just as grounded in the gospel and my testimony of Jesus Christ. It's exactly true what you said that il faut avoir une long perspective serving here. I love you, Papi!

I love you all!

Sœur Marriott






Photos: Petanque, the Saint-Raphael train station, and a pretty bosquet

Comments

Popular Posts