Whether you think you Cannes or you can't, you're right


Chèr tout le monde,

This has been a wonderful adventure of a week. We have had a lot of fun/walking to get to know all of the bus system and times. It feels like I'm in a completely new ville now that we take the buses everywhere. I like it much better. It's a little bit more stressful, but I enjoy walking and there are more opportunities to talk to people. I reread in preach my gospel this week that if you want to teach more people, you have to talk to more people. So I've been trying to do better. I also really loved what President Nelson said in his youth devotional that every one God's children on both sides of the veil merits the chance to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ and then they can decide whether or not they would like to learn more. I try to think of that now while contacting.

At the end of the day on Wednesday we were heading home after a disappointing pass and this lady came walking up to us and we started talking to us. She asked us a couple questions about the church. She was a member of a different Christian church already, but she was very open and had already heard of Mormons. She accepted a Book of Mormon, gave us her phone number, and said she'd like to come to church. We invited her to a ward activity and church but she called and said she wasn't feeling well. So we'll see. Hopefully this week we can fix a rendez vous with her!

I contacted another lady on Saturday. I saw she was wearing a necklace with a cross and I complimented her on it and asked if she was believing. She said yes she was Catholic. I asked her if she had ever heard of the Book of Mormon and she said she hadn't. I showed it to her, explained what it was and we read Moroni 10:4-5 together. She had to read the verse over a couple times, but she said she knew it was important to take the time to read and that she felt a warmth inside when she was reading. I showed her our card for the Church times but that's where I made a mistake because it has our number on it and it's always better to ask for their number before giving ours because if they have ours they are less willing to give you theirs. :/ But she said she would call. Now we'll just pray that she will. She accepted the Book of Mormon though. :)

My companion is really great at finding little opportunities to serve. :) For example she noticed a car was having a hard time getting started up a hill so she offered for us to give it a push and we helped them on their way. Or a little old lady's caddy fell over and ran over to help her. I really admire that in Sœur S. :)

This week in studies I read D&A 32:3 where Christ is talking to a missionary about to go out and serve. He says, "and I myself will go with them and be in their midst; and I am their advocate with the Father, and nothing shall prevail against them." That passage really stuck me. As we are on the Lord's errand he will be there with us and nothing is more powerful.

During the week we had a lady come up to us and ask us who we were. We told her we were missionaries and she started to get mad saying that it was bad that we were proselyting because God should be the one to bring people to us. She didn't really want us to get a word in, and then she started talking to the other people at the bus stop about how it's not right. But then a lady sitting there started defending us! She said she knew someone who was Mormon and they were really great. She took an interest in us and helped us find where to go. We got to tell her about the church a bit and gave her a Rétablissement brochure. She wasn't really interested in the gospel but she was very kind. It was a little miracle. :) 

One thing about Le Cannet where we live is that it's nicknamed "la ville fleuri" or the flowery city. I love that because there are flowers everywhere and sometimes as we're walking there is a breeze of flower scent. :)

Also there are beautiful poppy fields in Aix-en-Provence where we were last P-day. It's very striking, the fields of blood red flowers. My companion and I were saying it's no wonder a lot of painters like Monet and Renoir got inspiration here.

I love you all! I love the gospel! And I love this mission!

Have a wonderful week!

Sœur Marriott



Comments

Popular Posts