Working Smart

Mom and Pop,

Wow! Thanks for the great letter, Mom! I am glad that you and Papi bought Grandpa a Puch motorcycle! Did I tell you the Philippines has only increased my love of motorcycles? The main modes of commutation are jeepneys and tricycles (motocycles with a side car). I love the tricycles most, even though they're way more expensive here in Bacolod City.

So, this week I have learned SO MUCH from my companion, Sister Rosario. She is probably the smartest missionary here in the mission. As in, she works the smartest. I've always worked hard as a missionary, but I've not always worked smart. She works smart. She really knows what we have to do to get results. Sorry for not really including details, but let's just say it's been a week of learning for me.

She is from Pangasinan, maybe that's how you spell it. She is the third of eight kids. From what she's told me about her life before the mission, we're basically the same. Working in an office, going to school, etc. Her major is accountancy, so she'll be an accountant someday. Her favorite food is balut, which she buys and eats every day from a sister that just got baptized on Saturday, actually! They have been investigators since February and really have been going to church since then. They have just taken a while to feel ready to be baptized. It's been great working with them! They are so great!

I really loved a scripture in the New Testament that I read in my personal study this morning. I've been trying to read more in the Bible, not just the Book of Mormon.

"Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new." 2 Cor. 5:17

I also listened to President Uchdorf's talk on Grace this week. I thought of you, Mom. I just loved what he said about being truly changed. He said it is a change so dramatic that it is called "born again." It's so true! That is the beautiful thing about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We can change.

Love you all!!

Sister Marriott

Comments

Popular Posts